This post may contain affiliate links. To read more about this, head over to my disclosure page.
One Month Already?
Wow! This past month has gone by so fast! I have been so busy creating content, absorbing information and learning new things that I barely noticed it had been a whole month! Though I have only been blogging for one month, I have found a new passion and am so excited to keep going. It has been amazing meeting so many new people, creating things that you all will use and love, and finally being able to use all of my crazy ideas! Though I have no crazy success story to share yet, I thought I would record how my little blog is doing after its first month.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING THAT I EARN A SMALL COMMISSION OFF ANY PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THE LINKS AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU.
Mail subscribers: 33
Instagram followers: 87
Facebook followers: 38
Pinterest followers: 39 (this number has grown by about 30 in the past two days!)
Page views: 780
Over the past month I have…
- Created a handful of helpful and heart-filled posts. Some of my favorite being Immigration and Faith and Four-Step Process to Be Still in Prayer
- Created a free seven-day devotional that reflects on the calling of Mary and how we can use it when we feel lost!
- Created a free brainstorming worksheet to help you all get creative and organize your ideas.
- Started a Brainstorming Sessions for Bloggers service where I help bloggers come up with their next big ideas and get unstuck!
- Been featured on The Best You (read my post here), Muffin-Top Diary (read my post here) and That Hard Hat Girl (read my post here).
Resources I Love
One of the most exciting parts of my blogging journey this far has been all of the LEARNING! There are tons of courses, workbooks, webinars, blog posts, etc. that are set up to help bloggers through their journey. You can find some of my recommendations on my Blogging Resources page, but here are some of my favorites.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing– This course covers all you need to know about affiliate marketing and is so helpful. The woman who created the course makes around $50,000 a month on affiliate marketing, so I figured I ought to give it a shot! It is packed with information, tips and ideas.
- Everything Wonderlass– I have found so so so many helpful things on Allison’s website, YouTube channel, and Facebook group. Two tools that I have especially benefited from are her Ignite Your List Challenge and branding courses. She is fun, knows a lot about blogging, and loves what she does! I highly recommend checking out her website for inspiration and tips. I constantly find myself referencing her workbooks to keep myself on track!
- Facebook groups- There are a wide variety of Facebook groups for bloggers, and these have been a huge part of my journey so far. They provide inspiration, community, and traffic! I have learned a lot from asking questions in these groups, or even just reading the questions that others have posted.
What I Have Learned
As you can see I have learned more things than I can list here… so here are three of the things I have learned so far:
- Strong branding is so important! A strong brand will make you feel more put-together and will automatically appear more professional. Also, it is much easier to design new content and images when you already have a brand to follow.
- Your blog will thrive the most in your niche. This may seem obvious, but it is something that I have learned the importance of in the past few days! I saw a huge spike in my Pinterest followers as soon as I started pinning from boards in my niche. I saw a spike in traffic when I shared one of my blog posts on a Facebook group in my niche. Market your content in the places that your ideal reader already hangs out!
- You’ve got to commit. I saw this quote the other day and immediately wrote it in my blogging notebook: “I want to see what happens when I don’t give up“. Blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme or overnight success, you have to commit to it in order to see results. I see people posting articles like “How I made money my first month blogging” and feel inclined to give up. The thing is, this journey is different for everyone. I am more than happy with the readers and traffic that I have now, because I know this is only the beginning. I decided to commit to this, and I ain’t giving up that easy!
My Second-Month Blogging Goals
Following the advice of Allison at Wonderlass, whom I mentioned before, I decided that I needed to create a 90 day plan for my blog. This way I will be more organized, and have tangible goals to work towards. Here are my goals for the first 30 days, the month of August:
- Get my first Brainstorming Session client- I have a couple of clients that I have worked with so far on a trial basis, but now that I have officially launched the service I cannot wait to see it grow!
- Make my first affiliate sale- I have been putting the techniques that I learned from Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing into action, now to wait!
- Narrow down my niche- As I create more content I am trying to figure out my exact target audience so that I can create more content that they will love.
Time for me to get going!
I love hearing from you guys and would love to increase engagement! Here are some questions to answer in the comments. I am always searching for motivation to go after these goals, what are some quotes that inspire you? What are your goals this month? What would you like to see from me?